For those who haven’t tried yet, Cloud Bread is high in protein, very low in carbs, has an airy and light texture.
Best Ever No-Carb Cloud Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs (separated )
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- 2. Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- 3. In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- 4. In the second bowl add ¼ teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites with the hand mixer on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peak and hold their peaks. It should look something like this: (see photos above)
- 5. Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- 6. Do the following as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto a lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favourite spices and put it in the oven.
- 7. Bake for 18-20 minutes on the middle rack. Next, broil (cook the top) for a minute or two and watch it until becoming nice and goldy brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- 8. Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!
Here are few simple tips for making the best cloud bread:
When preparing The Best Cloud Bread try to whip the egg whites and cream of tartar first that acts as a stabilizer. It needs to be firm for the bread to bake entirely.
Moreover, beat separately the egg yolks, cream cheese, and seasoning. This makes the mixture supremely smooth.
Also, go easy on the garlic powder for the first time, adding half teaspoon is just right.